Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Rita?


Sometimes I ask myself "Where on earth did I get her?" Camryn has a way of coming up with the strangest ideas. So lately she has really gotten into pretend play. She plays dress-up, doctor, house, and dolls. She started this about a month ago when she started to name her toys. Most of them are name of friends, family, or TV shows...that is all except for Rita. Rita is her baby doll. That's right I said Rita. Now at first I thought maybe I heard her wrong..."Leah, honey?" "No, Mom she's Rita." It's just not a typical baby name like sally, or molly...It's more like the name of a lovely meter maid...or maybe even a lunch lady in elementary school...but a baby? (My apologies to any of you out there who love the name Rita.) So this morning Camryn said "Mom, Rita is poopy." Looking very concerned. So I said "well, Cam you are Rita's mommy, maybe you should change her. Camryn got very excited and ran to get the diapers and wipes. I'm thinking maybe if she starts changing Rita she will want to finally be a big girl and stop wearing diapers herself! Here's hoping!!:o)

3 comments:

Shelby said...

Who knew your toe head would end up having a little Latina!

. said...

She sounds a lot like my Isabelle. Where do they come up with these things? At least she didn't make you change Rita's poopy diaper.

Brooke said...

Oh that's funny! Where the heck did she get the name Rita? Maybe Rita was a guest on Dr. Phil??