Friday, January 30, 2009

Go Fly A Kite




Yes Camryn did get a kite for Christmas thanks to Santa and Amazon.com, but I quickly realized that my kite problems were not over...oh no....they had only just begun! Every day since Christmas Cami has wanted to fly her kite. Three year olds don't realize that you need the weather to cooperate with you in order to play with this particular Christmas present. So, I did my best to explain to her the concept of wind and that we can tell it's windy when the trees start to move. Camryn would look out the window just waiting for the trees to move and if so much as a leaf fluttered she would run to find me yelling through the house, "THE TREES ARE MOVING, THE TREES ARE MOVING!" I would then have to stop whatever I was doing and assess the tree movement then break the news to her that it was not quite windy enough for a kite. However, prayers were answered and Arizona finally had a breezy day...I wouldn't even call it a windy day, but it was enough to get a kite in the air. :o) And, as is typical with three year olds, two minutes into the kite flying she was over it and onto splashing in a puddle instead...oh well, we still had fun. And for every minute of kite flying fun we had, we would have about five minutes of string de-knotting fun! The moral of this story... just save yourself the trouble and tell your kids Santa doesn't make kites!

5 comments:

The Bluths said...

A puddle? In Arizona? Now that's amazing.

AlfreySlice said...

The best part is that the kite is clearly on the ground (yes, I can see the string) and Cam still looks up at the sky...

Shannon said...

too cute!! Cute new pics too...who did them???

Anonymous said...

Hey email me so I can get your email address and invite you to my blog....rdwynn@gmail.com

Jenna said...

At least you got it in the air! I haven't been able to do that yet...