Friday, July 25, 2008

"Lawn" Overdue



This is almost too embarrassing to admit but we moved here in January and just a few days ago we finally were able to cut the grass. I know that is a long time but really our front yard is all desert landscaping... so no grass there, and our back yard just has this very small patch of grass. All of which I had to nurse back to life when we moved in. Maybe I did too good of a job reviving the grass because it then started to grow out of control...and we didn't own a lawn mower. So last weekend my sweet husband bought a lawn mower on one of his few days off and cut the grass...5 times. Yeah, that's right it took 5 times going over our little patch of grass, and 4 trash bags of lawn clippings to get the job done. When he finally got all of the grass cut our lawn was all yellow and dead looking underneath. Oh well, I guess we start over with reviving the grass again, only this time we will keep it cut...you win some you lose some.

1 comment:

Lund Family said...

Looks like my lawn only my husband does that for a living. Yeah, it's embarrassing. So I posted a picture of my tummy on my blog, see if you can top my belly. Doubt it. I show so freakin early