Saturday, February 13, 2010

Catching Up

When you have gone this long without updating (yes, I realize it has been six months) you can do one of three things. 1. Tackle the overwhelming task of going back and updating all that you missed, knowing that deep down, no one really has time to sit and read about the last six months of your life. 2. Just start with the here and now, lets not dwell in the past... so what if Owen goes from tiny infant to walking in one post, it feels like it went by that fast anyway. Or 3. Give up on life all together. If you cant even keep up with a simple little blog then what use are you to this world anyway? :) While options 2 and 3 are much easier I am afraid that I must choose option 1. After all, I started this blog as a sort of journal to record the lives of my kids and there were just too many milestones and little moments of cuteness to over look them. So, consider yourselves forewarned. This post could turn out to be a doosey. I will try to keep the rambling commentary to a minimum and stick mostly to pictures... starting now :)




This is Owens favorite pastime :)







Just when we thought Camryn was adjusting to having Owen in the family she expressed her true feelings in a chalk drawing outside. It is a picture of our family. Cam, Mom, and Dad are picture on the far right of the patio... looking for Owen??? He is the small figure to the far left...still, he is drawn, and on the same patio too...its a step, right? Hee hee










Halloween:
Fairy
Spider





This is when we realized just how mobile our little O was getting. What an escape artist!













Christmas:







Don't you just love all those little twisty ties that they put around every square inch of your child's toy?





Owen's first birthday:






Owen is very good at getting around the house now, including up and down the stairs!





Thats what we've been up to in the last six months. I now hope that the thought of blogging will not be so overwhelming and I can keep up with it a little better...but no promises :)

8 comments:

Mark and Jessica said...

Wow, your babies sure are growing :) I love getting caught up.

Rebecca Barlow said...

I am so glad that you blogged! Your kids are adorable! I just can't believe that Owen is a year old. That absolutely blows me away. He is so cute and really good at stairs. Yay! Happy Birthday Owen

Shelby said...

That chalk drawing is classic. Hehehee. Tell cam it never gets better :)

Jenna said...

catching up can be so overwhelming, but you did great! And I loved the chalk drawing too...she and Cyrena are too alike. :)

Linsey said...

Blog slacker! Just kidding, cute blog!

Jesmyluk said...

I was wondering when you were going to post again. They are getting so big. I ove Cam's chalk picture of "the family". Classic. LOL

I can;t believe Big O is already 1!! Where did the time go?!? He is such a cute little Budha Baby!

His smile totally melts my heart everytime. I miss flirting with him in the hallways of church.

Give him & big sissy Cam a big hug please.

The Bluths said...

Hey not too long, bravo! I couldn't get the videos to work though, maybe it was just me.

Jane Nelson said...

Jenny! What cute, cute children. How did you get so lucky to have one boy, one girl? And such good ones, too. Love you so.