Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Bad blogger :(

I have been really bad at keeping up with the blog. I would just like to say publicly that this is not my fault. I will blame this all on my wonderful husband... and with good reason too! Anyone who knows Scott knows that he has this disorder that causes him to replace any electronic device at least once every two years...if it plugs in and was purchased prior to June of 2007 then it is deemed "old and useless". Sadly there is no cure for this disorder, only to constantly replace things like perfectly good televisions, video gaming consoles, cell phones, etc... for the latest and greatest model. Now why am I telling you this you ask? What does this have to do with the fact that my blog has been sitting here, not updated in nearly 2 months? Well, unfortunately, our computer has now past it's Scott Lloyd expiration date, and he now claims he can not upload our pictures to this "old and useless" computer. So now we must wait until the bank account agrees that we can buy a new computer. I however, being the innovative girl I am, found a way to get a couple pictures to the blog. I took a few snapshots with my phone (not past expiration date) and sent them to my email! I know genius! So here are just a couple new pictures to enjoy!









Camryn got glasses! She was so excited about them too! She was so great at the eye doctor's office and loved it so much that we go to go back 3 days later when she had already managed to break her glasses. The Dr reassured me this was quite typical for a 3 year old and that the first pair never lasts through their "exploring" phase. I assured him that Camryn's "exploring" phase was done or she would be "exploring" the naughty chair for a very long time! Come on... 3 days...really?!?



Owen had to be on his first antibiotic...poor baby! :( Unfortunately this made him very "regular" if ya know what I mean. This created a few embarrassing moments for me, one of which I documented! So Owen had a major "blow out" while we were at our first stop on a long list of errands we had to run. I was tiered of being "that" mom who carries her naked baby around the store, like clothes had just slipped my mind when leaving the house that morning so I figured , "I'm at Sam's Club, they have baby clothes here! I will just dress him now and pay at the end so he is not naked through the whole store." Well when I began dressing my child in the middle of the store...what that's normal... then some people... very judgemental people I might add... figured I must be shoplifting so I had to tell the whole story to them and I decided I better just leave the tags on till check-out. Well when I got to the check out my judgmental friends were in line right behind me...coincidence or nosey Sam's Club patrol, you decide, but got the feeling they were checking up on me. So I turned to them and smiled and without saying a word I cleared a spot for Owen on the conveyor belt and laid him down for purchase. Okay, maybe not the most mature response but I thought it was funny and made them back off a bit. So I smiled took a picture and picked up my baby. :) Then I looked over at the next isle, because I felt others staring and who could it be? "Oh hi President!" that's right, my stake president and his lovely wife were standing there smiling back at me. Boy was my face red... but they thought it was funny!


10 comments:

The Bluths said...

Hey I remember that outfit at the Enrichment night :)
Totally something I would do. I love that you did that!

Shannon said...

Seriously you guys crack me up...I laugh because I'm the same way with computers and cars, like Scott....but not all things like he is hahaha....and I LOVE your boldness at Sam's I would only think that...but not do it! hahaha

Next time you need to run errands drop your kids here to play!:)

Jenna said...

I LOVE your stories. I would totally do something like that and I love your boldness!

Shelby said...

Some people.....so rude! Did you set the dirty diaper on the belt next to their fresh produce? :) I love it.
Camryn looks a little like a little girl I used to know well in those cute glasses. All she needs now is a powder blue swim suit with a ruffle! So cute.

Rachel said...

And to think I almost went all the way to South-East Asia to buy one of those things. Sheesh...I'll just pick up a chubby budda baby of my own right down at the Sam's Club.
-Ricky

PS: Who cloned Jenny? I thought Mormons were against that kind of stuff.

Heidi Joncas said...

I seriously laughed out loud with the whole poopy clothes check out story! Ha Ha!!

Jesmyluk said...

I don't care who ya are...that there is just good parenting and funny to boot.

Jennie said...

TOO Funny!! I don't know which is funnier, that you put Owen on the belt or the Pres. and his wife saw you! Wish I would have been there!
BTW Cam looks so cute in her glasses

Brooke said...

The check-out story had me laughing soooo hard!! You are so funny, love it!!

sweet savy girl designs said...

i cannot tell you how much i LOVE this story!!!!! i am so fed up with the rude "on-lookers". mind your own damn business!!! PERFECT response on your part. you are my hero!!!!